The war in Yemen (In April) had killed thousand of people and left many homeless. Saudi Arabia led forces bombarded many important cities of Yemen and claimed almost 2000 civilian lives with majority of them women and children. The same type of war is now going on in Syria where ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq & Syria) has committed many human right violations like executing civilians, destroying historical monuments, raping women and using them as sex slaves. In April during Yemen crises India tried to rescue its citizens who were trapped in Yemen. [wp_ad_camp_5] The operation carried out by Indian forces was very successful and almost every nation in the world praised the efforts of Indian forces. Here is a glimpse of Indian Army’s management and how they made this operation successful. It also gives a strong message to all European and Middle East countries that “If there is will, There is way“.
Click Here & And Read Full Story with Photos
Despite the cross border skirmish India also offered help to Pakistani Nationals. In conclusion what ever may be the reason we Indian’s are best when it comes to help humanity because we are secular in true sense and for us “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” still holds its meaning.[wp_ad_camp_4]
- Operation was named Operation Rahat.
- All the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy actively participated along with Air India to rescue more than 5600 people from Yemen.
- In total 5600 people were rescued out of which 4640 were Indian citizens, 960 foreign nationals from 41 different countries.
- Indian Air Force operated 2 C-17 Globemasters with capacity of 600 passengers. In total 2900 persons were rescued via air with 18 special flights operated by Air India and Indian Air Force.
- Indian Navy worked with equal efficiency and 1670 persons were rescued by waterways by help of INS Mumbai, INS Tarkash and INS Sumitra.
- Michael Steiner German Ambassador to India tweeted.
- An Indian woman working in UK got appreciation for Hard work of Indian forces.
- Entire squadron of C-17 Globemasters after their 10 days of rescue operation.
- International media recognizes Indian efforts. Great appreciation around the globe.
- Even Ministry of External affairs was in direct contact with citizens trapped there. Many times one to one communication was done.
- Response of citizens from different country after they were rescued by Indian forces.
- Chinese media boasted their Army after successful evacuation of 10 Chinese nationals, we rescued 5600 !
- Update from Yemen Watch about U.S, German and France citizens.
- Family members burst into tears after meeting their loved ones.
- Even Japanese media showed news about Indian evacuation.
- Amul also paid tribute to hard work done by Indian Forces.
- Citizens waiting for General(retd.) V.K Singh to return India after leading successful evacuation operation.
- Tweet from Indian Journalist.