Ronda Rousey: Breaking Every Stereotype Associated With Women
Wrestling, Boxing and street fighting, these games are generally associated with men and women are mostly not considered a fair opponent in these games. In a male-dominated society where these high power games are center of masculinity show, we have now a new crusader who has shifted the center of the game. Women are already doing great in the field of science and technology but now they are threatening men in their favorite sport. People are now considering women as strong as men in these games and all the credit for this goes to Ronda Rousey. She has changed the perception of society and the way society think of women when it comes to fighting. Here we are presenting some interesting facts about Ronda Rousey, the current UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion.
2) She is a refreshing change to how females were portrayed in wrestling. WWE divas were always portrayed as sex objects rather than fighters and Ronda has shifted that focus back to where it should be. [wp_ad_camp_1]
5) In her childhood days, she struggled with the speech disorder and could not form an intelligible sentence. She started her Judo training at the age of 11 and qualified for 2004 Olympic Games in Athens thereby becoming the youngest judoka in the entire Games. She was also the first American to win an Olympic medal in women’s Judo since its inception in Olympic in 1992.
6) UFC President Dana White quotes that “In the next 10 years if there’s a woman in the octagon, it’s probably going to be Ronda Rousey. She’s a rock star, man. She’s been killing it for us. I just hope that we can get some really good fights for her. I love Ronda, man. I do.”[wp_ad_camp_4]
7) She gives the credit of her bone breaking arm bars to her mom AnnMaria De Mars who herself is a decorated Judoka and a PHD. She has also been quoted saying that her judoka mother jumped on her every morning to wake her up with arm bars.
8) She was rapped about by Eminem and was quoted saying – Getting rapped about by Eminem is like being armbared by me. It might not be so pleasant if you are on the other side of it, but it is so skillfully done that you have to be honored. An extract from the lyrics:[wp_ad_camp_2]
“I got a Magic Johnson, It’s like a Magic Wand allows me to not let a blonde arouse me.
If Ronda Rousey was on the couch with the condoms out, Holding a thousand Magnums at once to pounce me
I’ll laugh in response to how she dances and flaunts it around me, Her flat little badonkadonk is bouncing around.
And all I see is Paulie Malignaggi, she’s slaughterhouse in a blouse”.
9) She doesn’t shy away from speaking her mind and believes that she cannot be on a first date behavior with everyone. She took a dig at boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr when she took the title of ESPY Best Fighter of the year 2015. As Mayweather Jr has a reputation for domestic violence she quoted “I wonder how Floyd feels being beaten by a woman for once“. This led to a series of verbal bows between Rousey and Mayweather.
10) She has appeared on the cover of ESPN the Magazine’s 2012 Body Issue and has used strategic poses and camera angles to make them less revealing. She has done a fair bit for the future of MMA and has managed to grab millions of eyeballs for the sport.[wp_ad_camp_5]
11) In a male-dominated sport of fighting, she has taken the world by storm. She is also very pleasing to the eye and looks very beautiful and ladylike despite her muscular frame. She has also appeared in movies and The Expendables 3 was her first movie. She has also acted in the movie Furious 7.